eBay Plus Terms and Conditions
By signing up for an eBay Plus membership, you agree to the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) with eBay Marketplaces GmbH (“eBay”). These Terms are between you and eBay and govern our respective rights and obligations. Please note that your use of the www.ebay.com.au website (“eBay website”) and your Plus membership are also governed by eBay’s User Agreement and all applicable policies on the eBay website, which are incorporated into these Terms.
- Becoming an eBay Plus member
- You must have an eBay account with a registration address in Australia in order to join eBay Plus. Your eBay Plus membership is linked to your eBay account.
- To join eBay Plus, you must sign in to your eBay account and then complete the registration process by selecting a payment method, reading and accepting these Terms and then selecting the “Sign up now” button.
- When you select the “Sign up now” button, you are entering into a binding agreement between you and eBay, based on these Terms. eBay will send you an email within 24 hours confirming your eBay Plus membership.
- eBay reserves the right to accept or refuse membership in its discretion.
- Membership cancellation
- You may cancel your eBay Plus membership at any time by selecting “Manage membership” on your eBay Plus membership page and then selecting the “Cancel” option in the drop-down menu.
- Other than in the circumstances set out in clause 2.3 below, if you cancel any time after becoming a paid member or your membership automatically renews at the end of your membership year:
- you will not be refunded your membership fee regardless of whether or not you made any eligible purchases or have taken advantage of any eBay Plus benefits since your latest Plus membership charge; and
- you will continue to receive all eBay Plus benefits until the end of your membership year, but your membership will not be automatically renewed for a further year.
- If your existing membership renews automatically at the end of your membership year and you are charged the annual membership fee, you will have 14 days from the date you have been charged on your preferred payment method to request a refund of the membership fee from Customer Service. If you have not already cancelled your membership in accordance with clause 2.1, Customer Service will cancel your membership for you. For the avoidance of doubt, you will no longer be entitled to the benefits of your eBay Plus membership from the date of cancellation.
- If you have redeemed a “Keep my Benefits and Receive a Gift Card” offer and subsequently request a refund of your membership fee under clause 2.3, the amount of the refund provided to you will be reduced by the value of the gift card
- Free 30-day trial
- If you sign up for a free 30-day trial of eBay Plus, you may cancel your membership at any time during the 30-day trial period.
- If you cancel your eBay Plus membership during the 30-day trial period, you will incur no fees or other charges for the membership. You will continue to receive all eBay Plus benefits until the end of the 30-day trial period, at which time your eBay Plus membership will end.
- If you do not cancel your eBay Plus membership before the 30-day trial period has ended, your membership will be automatically renewed and you will be charged the full annual subscription fee in accordance with sections 5 and 6.
- There is a maximum of one free 30-day trial of eBay Plus per eBay member. You may not use or create another eBay account in order to take advantage of the free 30-day trial more than once.
- Benefits of eBay Plus membership
- As an eBay Plus member:
- You are entitled to free delivery on eBay Plus items subject to clauses 4.4, 4.5 and 4.7;
- You are entitled to free returns on eBay Plus items, subject to clauses 4.4, 4.6 and 4.7;
- If you have linked your eBay and flybuys accounts, you are entitled to collect double points (1 flybuys point for every $1 spent) on eligible items purchased on www.ebay.com.au, subject to the flybuys on eBay Terms and Conditions, which are incorporated into these Terms; and
- You are also entitled to premium customer service and special promotions and discount offers as advertised on www.ebay.com.au or otherwise communicated to you from time to time.
- You are entitled to 5% off the total value of your Coles order, subject to the 5% off Coles for eBay Plus Members Coupon Terms and Conditions.
- You are entitled to free Coles Delivery on all orders of $49 or over from colessupermarkets on eBay.com.au, subject to clause 4.1.7
- Coles Delivery means the delivery service offered by colessupermarkets on eBay.com.au the details of which are found on the Coles FAQ page. Any orders under $49 will be subject to Coles standard delivery rate which is currently $10 per delivery however is subject to change at the discretion of Coles.
- “eBay Plus items” are selected fixed price items available on the www.ebay.com.au website that are designated with the eBay Plus logo.
- “Free delivery” means free standard domestic postage (express and international postage is excluded).
- You are only entitled to the benefits set out in clause 4.1 when you purchase eBay Plus items for personal/ domestic rather than business purposes.
- You are only entitled to free delivery on an eBay Plus item when:
- You purchase the item using PayPal or a credit/ debit card; and
- You purchase the item using the “Buy it Now” function (not “Best Offer”).
- You are only entitled to return an eBay Plus item for free when:
- You have purchased the item using the “Buy it Now” function (not “Best Offer”);
- You return the item within 30 days of receipt or, if the seller offers a longer returns period, within the seller's return timeframe;
- You return the item through eBay’s inflow returns services;
- You return the item via eBay’s designated shipping partners (Australia Post and ParcelPoint);
- You select a satchel that is appropriate in size for the item being returned; and
- You select a standard returns label. Returns via courier pick up and express returns are excluded.
- eBay reserves the right, in its discretion, to limit the number of free deliveries of eBay Plus items you may receive and/ or the number of free returns of eBay Plus items you may make if it determines that the number of free deliveries you are receiving and/ or returns you are making with eBay Plus is excessive. Further, eBay reserves the right, in its discretion, to terminate your eBay Plus membership and exclude you from participating in the eBay Plus program in the future if it determines that the number of free deliveries you are receiving and/ or returns you are making with eBay Plus is excessive.
- If you are an eBay Plus member and only some of the items in your transaction are eBay Plus items, you will have to pay applicable postage and returns costs for the items that are not eBay Plus items. You will only be entitled to free standard postage and returns on the eBay Plus items.
- eBay reserves the right in its sole discretion to change its designated shipping partners or add new shipping partners at any time.
- eBay reserves the right in its sole discretion to add or remove eBay Plus benefits.
- The annual membership fee for eBay Plus is AU $49.
- From time to time, eBay may offer a discounted membership fee for your first membership year. Any such offer will only be available for the time it is advertised on www.ebay.com.au and will only apply for your first membership year. If your membership rolls over for a further year, or you cancel your membership and later sign up again, the annual membership fee of AU $49 will apply.
- The membership fee is payable once you sign up for an eBay Plus membership and eBay sends you an email confirming your membership (or, if you have signed up for a 30-day free trial period, on the day following the conclusion of the free trial period). In the case of a renewal of an existing membership, the membership fee is payable at the beginning of the new membership year.
- You will be automatically charged for the membership fee using the preferred payment method you have selected, unless you cancel your membership prior to the charge. UNLESS YOU CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR EBAY PLUS MEMBERSHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUE IN ACCORDANCE WITH CLAUSE 6.3 AND YOU AUTHORISE US (WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU) TO COLLECT THE MEMBERSHIP FEE USING THE PAYMENT METHOD WE HAVE ON FILE FOR YOU.
- If all payment methods eBay has on file for you are declined and your membership fees cannot be paid, you must provide us with a new eligible payment method promptly or your membership will be cancelled.
- You can get an invoice for your eBay Plus membership fees from the eBay Plus Member hub.
- Term and Termination
- Your eBay Plus membership is valid for 1 year from the date of signing up.
- If you sign up for a free 30-day trial of eBay Plus, your membership is valid for 30 days from the date of signing up for the free trial. If you do not cancel your membership within those 30 days, it will automatically renew on the day after the free trial period and your annual membership will start on that day (i.e. the 31st day).
- Your eBay Plus membership will automatically renew at the end of each membership year for a further year unless you or eBay cancel it prior to the end of the membership period.
- If your original payment method is declined and you subsequently provide us with a new eligible payment method and are successfully charged for your membership fees, your annual membership will start from the date you signed up or your membership renewal date, not the date of the successful charge.
- eBay reserves the right to terminate your eBay Plus membership at any time in its discretion, without notice to you, and without refunding your membership fees - for example, if eBay considers that you are misusing the eBay Plus service.
- If your eBay membership is terminated for any reason, your eBay Plus membership will also terminated automatically.
- Limitation of liability
- To the extent permitted by law, eBay will not be liable for any loss incurred by you, or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, technical malfunction, injury, expense or inconvenience that arise as a result of or in connection with your eBay Plus membership.
- 4 Month Free Trial Promotion
- The terms in this section 8 apply if you sign up for a free trial of eBay Plus for the first time between 15 July 2019 and 7 August 2019 ("120-day trial Offer Period").
- eBay users who have previously cancelled or completed their eBay Plus free trial and are no longer a member of eBay Plus can re-join as a paid member via the link https://www.ebay.com.au/ebayplus/subscription/signup
- By signing up for a free trial of eBay Plus during the 120-day trial Offer Period then you agree to be subject to these eBay Plus Terms and Conditions as amended as follows:
- All references to “30-day trial” are replaced with the words "120-day trial" throughout.
- If you cancel your eBay Plus membership during the 120-day trial period, you will incur no fees or other charges for the membership. You will continue to receive all eBay Plus benefits until 30 days after you initially signed up for eBay Plus, at which time your eBay Plus membership will end.
- All other terms in these eBay Plus terms and conditions remain unchanged and applicable.
- $60 worth of coupons in a year Promotion
9.1. The terms in this section 9 apply if you register or convert to a paid eBay Plus membership between 6 November 2019 and 31 January 2020, unless otherwise extended (‘Eligible eBay Plus Members’).
9.2. Eligible eBay Plus members will receive 1 x $5 voucher in their e-mail and/or via My Messages within 5 days following payment of the membership fees. Eligible Members will continue to receive 1x $5 voucher every 30 days thereafter over the course of a year (Total of $60 worth of vouchers in one year).
9.3. These coupons are subject to the $5 Coupon for Plus Members Terms & Conditions.
9.4. All other terms in these eBay Plus terms and conditions remain unchanged and applicable.
10. Additional terms
10.1 You may not transfer or assign your eBay Plus membership or any eBay Plus benefits to any another person.
10.2 eBay may, in its sole discretion, assign its rights and obligations under this agreement, either wholly or in part, to another eBay entity or third part
10.3 eBay may amend these Terms at any time by posting the amended terms on eBay.com.au. We will also notify you of any material amendments through eBay Messages (in My eBay) or directly to the email address linked to your account. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended terms will automatically be effective after they are posted. If you do not accept the changes you should cancel your eBay Plus membership in accordance with clause 2.
10.4 If any provision of these terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in effect.
10.5 The failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Terms will not constitute a waiver of any of eBay’s rights.