- How do I set up a Charity Store?
- Fill out our contact form to confirm your charity status.
- We will contact you and help set up your Charity Store (Charities who do not contact us will still pay eBay selling fees).
- List items in your eBay Store.
- Carefully pack and ship item to your Buyer.
- Receive a Final Value Fee credit for the items you sell – your charity receives 100% of the item sale price.
- How do I run a Charity auction?
- Before you get started, make sure you read eBay’s Charity and fundraising policy.
- Register on eBay .
- Set up a payment method.
- List your item.
- Promote your auction to receive higher engagement.
- Collect payment from the highest bidder and release funds to your chosen charity.
- Contact us to receive a refund for the Final Value Fee of your charity listing.
If you think your auction will be high profile, generate media interest or sell for a high value, eBay recommends you use a professional third-party supplier to manage the auction on your behalf. This will ensure professionalism, efficiency and quality service to help you get the best result possible for your auction. For more information, please contact us.
- How do I list items as an individual on behalf of Charity?
- Before you get started, read our Charity and fundraising policy.
- Contact your chosen charity to receive written authorisation to fundraise.
- List your item for sale on eBay. You must include the following in your listing:
- A photo or scanned image of written consent to fundraise on their behalf. It has to be on the official charity letterhead and signed by an officer of the Charity.
- The charity's tax-deductibility status and ACNC registration number (ABN)
- Your name or User ID, date of event or listings, and the amount (percentage of the final sale price) you'll be donating.
- Once your item has sold and been received by the buyer, donate the proceeds to your chosen charity externally to eBay through your chosen payment method e.g. PayPal, bank transfer etc.
- What are the fees for selling on eBay for Charity?
Registered Australian charities with an official eBay Store may apply for a Listing Agreement to receive credit for Final Value Fees and receive a free Featured Store package. Contact eBay for Charity for more information.
- Do I need a PayPal account to sell on eBay?
You don’t need to have a PayPal account to buy or sell on eBay, but we do recommend you pay with a safe payment method, like PayPal, which has recourse should you be unhappy with your experience.
- Why was my Charity listing removed?
All Charity listings must comply with eBay Listing Policies. If you are still unsure why your listing was removed, please contact eBay Customer Service.
- Are there any item or category restrictions for Charity listings?
The eBay Prohibited and restricted items policy applies for Charity listings.
Giveaways, lotteries, sweepstakes, random drawings, raffles and contests are highly regulated. Therefore, we don't allow listings that sell an opportunity to win an item or prize, whether that's by chance or in a contest. Read our chance listings policy for more information.
If you have further questions about selling and buying on eBay, visit our Help page.