PayPal Buyer Protection is here to protect you when you buy on eBay. You may be protected for up to AU$20,000 if you:
- do not receive the item that you've purchased;
- receive an item that is significantly different from the one you purchased; or
- received an item that is used when it was advertised as brand new
PayPal Buyer Protection applies to most items on eBay. There are some exclusions which are listed below.
PayPal Buyer Protection on eBay
See how buyers using PayPal are protected on eBay
Before you make a purchase, it's a good idea to make sure you're protected. You're eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection if you:
- Purchase your item on eBay
- Use PayPal to pay for the item.
- Use the seller's email address associated with the listing. To do this, use the Pay Now button when the eBay listing ends.
- Check that the seller's eBay listing is for a physical item. Payment for services and intangible items not protected.
There are a few things that we can't protect you for, but it helps if you check in advance what they are so you're always shopping safely. You're not protected by PayPay buyer Protection if:
- All vehicles
- Intangibles (such as digital goods)
- You pick up an item that wasn't paid for with PayPal
- Licenses and access to digital content
- Travel tickets (including airline).
For more information and to be sure you're always protected, read the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy.